Garden Apartment Fires – Bensenville, IL
March 7 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$150.00
Garden Apartment Fires: Strategy and Tactics
Hosted by Bensenville FPD at Station 1 700 S. York Road Bensenville IL
March 7, 2019 8:30AM – 4:00 PM
In urban and suburban areas, the garden apartment is often the most prevalent residential setting. Garden apartments often have common cock lofts and attics which serves as an avenue for rapid fire spread. This program will review strategic objectives at garden apartment fires and address tactical operations for truck and engine companies. It will also focus on command considerations.
The program includes:
- Review of building construction and fire protection features
- Strategic decision making
- Tactical considerations
- Incident command functions
- A review of fire incidents and case studies involving these occupancies.
- Review of sample standard operating guidelines
- In classroom fire simulation exercises.
Lead Instructor: Chris Kelly
Chris is a veteran of the fire service since 2002. Chris currently is a Captain in the Houston Fire Department, currently assigned to Engine 55 in District 46. Majority of his career has been spent in District 46, both as a firefighter and Engineer/Operator on both Engine and Ladder companies. He has extensive experience in fires in garden apartments.
For additional information: BC Chris Sandilands 630.350.3441